$2 Billion Automotive supplier
High volume, manufacturing environment (3 facilities) in Mexico. This company has a longstanding commitment and investment to quality and requires either a Mexican National Quality Professional or a US Resident ready to take on a challenging expatriate assignment.
Responsible for all aspects of Quality for 3 manufacturing facilities including systems (Management System) and results (delivered quality measured in ppm and financial impact) through ensuring appropriate and functioning system of checks and balances that facilitate operations. Leads customer interface activities for communication, particularly quality system technical issues, continual improvement, corrective action, and, when necessary, containment.
- Develop people by coaching and teaching appropriate plant quality managers and mentor select quality engineers.
- Develop and implement specific quality improvement plans for associated manufacturing plants.
- Interface with the customer ensuring common understanding of customer supplier quality requirements.
- Reduction of Cost of Quality (cost structure) through inspection rationalization and reduction of internal and external failures.
- Co-lead the Business Unit Corrective Action Board which addresses all customer and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party major audit findings.
- Responsible for establishing and leading the deployment of Process Quality Management for the purpose of improving process performance and stability through the effective deployment of process quality management and statistical process control.
- Candidate will be required to interface with peers in the QA Organization, Lead Team, Plant Managers, Plant process/product engineering, Sales and Plant QA personnel. In addition, candidate will be required to meet with customer QA representatives and select customer Leadership.
- Position requires frequent communication with all Company locations via multiple media means including phone, computer, fax and communication on-site.
- Frequent travel is required (50%+). Candidate will be required to travel extensively to assigned Plant and Customer Locations domestic and international. Base location is flexible.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will need to remain flexible as schedule changes may occur with multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Bachelors Degree
- 10 years experience leading manufacturing process improvement initiatives
- Must have sound interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator in English and Spanish
- Six Sigma black-belt a plus
- Capable and effective in being able to apply theoretical principles of Process Management and Statistical Methods in a user friendly manner to the manufacturing operation personnel that require assistance and guidance.
$115K – $130K
|Job Category||Sales & Engineering|