Reporting to the CEO , the General Counsel will provide counsel and advice to various internal business units and senior management. Incumbent will plans, directs, and control the organization’s legal and corporate governance responsibilities ensuring appropriate controls are in place. Manages all legal activities, provides advice on course of direction, interacts with outside legal groups as needed, and interacts with government agencies. Incumbent will investigate, establish and direct the organization in best practices towards meeting on many compliance issues across the countries in which our client is located. The General Counsel will also serves as Board Secretary and ensures compliance with governance responsibilities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as key advisor to the CEO regarding all legal actions including corporate, financial, commercial, civil, litigation, contract, environmental and employment short and long range matters and strategies relevant to the company.
- Plan and execute the legal, secretary and governance transactions of the Company,
- Establishes and monitors legal targets for the organization and insures appropriate controls exist.
- Reviews proposed corporate plans and programs, and provides legal oversight makes recommendations to management.
- Coordinate Compliance and Risk Management activities.
- Keeping senior management and other personnel up-to-date on pertinent legal and regulatory developments.
- Perform special projects as assigned including acting as a strategic partner on M&A, growth and negotiating with possible government groups for investigating in new countries and markets.
- Directs and analyses studies of general legal, economic, business and financial conditions and their impact on the Company’s policies and operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by leadership/ownership group.